Stanley Guterman

Stanley Guterman, was born Sept. 4, 1922 and married to Barbara McKee Watson Guterman since January 5, 1980, died at his home under the care of Emerald Coast Hospice and Barbara.

Stan was born in Brooklyn, New York and raised on the East Side of Manhattan. He graduated from Seward Park High School at the age of 16 and then attended City College of New York while also working to help support his family. Because of December 7, 1941, he went to work for the US Army as an Ordinance Inspector in Civil Service. He enlisted in the US Army Air Corps as an aviation cadet. He became a navigator and also went to Gunnery School at Tyndall Field in Panama City from October 9 to November 2, 1944. Finally, B-Z4 training with his permanent crew, then combat in the 8* Air Force based in Horsham St. Faith Air Base in Norwich, in Northeast England . They survived 36 missions over Europe. He was promoted to First Lieutenant on May 22, 1945 By the time he retired as Lieutenant Colonel on July 11, 1964 he had flown more than 4,400 hours in 22 years of service, which included managing Officers Clubs after WWII until retiring.

He was stationed overseas in England, Okinawa, Puerto Rico, Thule-Greenland and France, and had flown in B-24's, RB-50's andC-124's. He followed this with his civilian career working as a Food Service Evaluator for the Army Material Command in Rock Island Arsenal, Iowa, followed byAir Force Headquarters at Philadelphia, PA and ended this second career at Tyndall Air Force Base at Panama City FL in 1984. Among his awards, he received the American Campaign Medal, European African Middle Eastern Campaign Medal, WWII Victory Medal, Army of Occupation Medal, National Defense Service, Medal, Air Medal with 4 Oak Leaf clusters, Air Force Outstanding Unit Award, Air Force Commendation Medal and the Force Longevity Service Award.

Stanley and Luella Murel Cox (deceased) were married in October, 1946 and had 2 daughters, Susan Diane Guterman DuRant (deceased), Nelson and Sandra Lou Guterman Nissen (Eric). He had a close relationship with step daughter, Kimberly Watson Cuddeback (Jeffrey) .

He loved traveling and Stanley and Barbara traveled to Hawaii 17 and took numerous cruises; also he was active for 17 years, in his retirement, with Education Encore at Gulf Coast State College. TROA and MOAA, military officers clubs were a source of continued enjoyment.

A Memorial service will be held 2:00 P.M. Saturday, November 18, 2017 at Kent- Forest Lawn Funeral Home. The family will receive friends one hour prior to services at the funeral home.

Michael Clifton Lambright

Michael Lambright, 71, passed away on Wednesday, July 26, 2017. He was born in Holyoke, Massachusetts.

Michael retired from the U.S. Air Force as Chief Master Sergeant after 30 years of service. He continued his career in the Civil Service at Langley Air Force Base and retired again after 18 years of service. He enjoyed playing golf and was a member of the Poquoson Golf Association.

Michael is survived by his wife of 49 years, Emmy "Kitty" Lambright; son, Cliff Lambright and wife, Kim; daughter, Leslie Lambright Reinhardt; five grandchildren; one great-grandchild; and numerous nieces and nephews.

A celebration of Michael's life will be held at 2:00 pm on Tuesday, August 1, 2017 at Parklawn-Wood Funeral Home. The family will receive friends following the service at 112 Riverside Drive in Yorktown.

Memorial contributions may be made to the American Diabetes Association , 870 Greenbrier Circle, #404, Chesapeake, VA 23320.

Friends are encouraged to visit to share memories and words of condolence with the family.

Arrangements are under the care of Parklawn-Wood Funeral Home, 2551 N. Armistead Ave., Hampton, VA 23666.

Alfred Hall Perrie III

YORKTOWN – Alfred Hall Perrie III, 67, of Yorktown, passed away surrounded by his family Saturday, June 3, 2017 at Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital. He was born Feb. 26, 1950 in Lothian, Md., the son of the late Margaret (Zimmerman) and Alfred Hall Perrie II.

Al Perrie served his country for 30 years in the United States Airforce, retiring as a Colonel. He was a loving, supportive and caring husband, son, father and grandfather who never met a stranger he wouldn’t speak to. He was known by all those who loved him as a Virginia Tech and Baltimore Orioles fan.

He is survived by his wife of 43 years, Beverly Harold Perrie; his daughter and her partner, Amanda Perrie and Matthew Crosby; his son and daughter-in-law, Maj. Matthew and Suzie Perrie; two grandchildren, Tyson and Ana Perrie; his sister Gaile Stovall and husband John of Stockton, Ca. and his sister Kate Perrie of Annapolis, Md.

A graveside funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. Wednesday, June 7, 2017 in Beverage Memorial Cemetery (family of his wife and where he spent many Memorial days tenderly caring for the grounds). Family and friends may gather at Obaugh Funeral Home at 12 noon to go in procession to the cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Beverage Memorial Cemetery, c/o Jim Beverage, 3256 Churchville Ave., Staunton, Va. 24401.

Charitable donations may be made to:
Beverage Memorial Cemetery c/o Jim Beverage
3256 Churchville Ave, Staunton VA 24401

Robert C. Noyes Jr.

Robert C. Noyes Jr.
1947 - 2016
Robert C. Noyes Jr.
of Lowell, Army Vet; 69

LOWELL -- Robert C. "Bob" Noyes Jr., 69, of Lowell, passed away after a long illness Friday, December 23, 2016, at Spaulding Hospital in Cambridge. He was the husband of Patricia (McKenney) Noyes with whom he celebrated their 48th wedding anniversary last October.

He was born in Saco, Maine on February 6, 1947, and was a son of the late Robert C. Noyes, Sr. and the late Madeline (Gallagher) Noyes. He was raised in Maine and Lowell where he attended the area schools graduating from Lowell High School. Later in his life he continued his education at Le Cordon Bleu in Cambridge, earning his Associates Degree in Culinary Arts.

At the age of 19, Mr. Noyes enlisted with the United States Army during the Vietnam War and was immediately deployed to Quinn Yan, Vietnam and Khe Sanh, Vietnam. He was honorably discharged in 1968 and returned home to marry his wife, Patricia in 1969. After the birth of his son, Stephen, he rejoined the military with the Army National Guard and was stationed locally until his honorable discharge. He then chose to continue to serve his country, enlisting in the United States Air Force in the mid 1980's stationed at Pease Air Force Base. While in the Air Force, he served all over the world including Hawaii, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Panama. and Germany, among many other places. In 2006, he retired from the United States Air Force as a Master Sergeant.

After his retirement from active duty, he was employed for Purity Supreme in the warehouse. He also drove a truck for Standard Electric, as well as a transportation van for the Holiday Inn in Boxboro. He resided in the Pawtucketville section of Lowell and was a communicant of the Immaculate Conception Church. He was an avid hunter and fisherman. He had a talent for cooking and baking and was always willing to share his cooking with others. Bob was a member of the Disabled American Veterans Chapter 47 in Billerica, and was a lifetime member of the Tyngsboro Sportsmen's Club.

In addition to his wife, Patricia, he is survived by his son, Stephen Noyes of Chelmsford, and his fiancée, Patricia Rodwell; and his grandchildren, Evan Noyes and Joseph Rodwell. He was one of 11 children, his brothers and sisters, Collette Couture, Madeline Verrill and her husband, Dwight, Sheila Talbot and her husband, Robert, Richard Peacock and his wife, Joan, David Peacock and his wife, Sue, Timothy Noyes and his wife, Cecile, Carl Noyes and his wife, Sue, Candice Coan and her husband, Russell, Christine Makrez and her husband, Paul and Lance Noyes and his wife, Pam. He is also survived by two sisters-in-law, Ann Hernandez and Charlene McKenney; and many nieces and nephews; and by his many brothers in arms that he served with in Vietnam and the Middle East.

He was the brother-in-law of the late Maurice Couture, the late William McKenney, the late Kevin McKenney, and the late Kathleen Noyes.

Published in Lowell Sun on Dec. 26, 2016

Frank Derby

A longtime friend of the Air Force Services Society and our career field
recently passed away.  We were fortunate enough that his daughter got our
contact information.  The following came from Dawn (Derby) Polt:

"Thanks so much for your interest in our father, Frank.  My husband, Doug,
was able to intercept some of Dad's emails, yours was one that he picked up
today.  As Dad was a happy clicker he frequently deleted or closed things on
his computer which finally stopped working and he was unable to retrieve all
the emails.

Dad suffered from Dementia and it progressed the last few years, making it difficult for him to remember many things that had been so important to him.  On Memorial Day, May 26th of 2014, Dad had a stroke.

Fortunately, we were at home and able to detect it immediately.  After rehab, he slowly made a pretty complete recovery physically.  He was unable to remain at home, (he lived with my husband and I after my mom's death in 2004).

We were very fortunate to find a wonderful assisted living facility in Bel Air, MD.  This was located between my husband's office and our home making it convenient to visit him.  Both of our children live close and were also able to interact with him on a regular basis.  When returning to
Brightview after an outing he would state, "I know where we are, they're
good to me here".

He had a fall around 10:00 p.m. on Monday, October 19. I met him at the hospital where they determined that he had a fracture in
his right femur close to the joint of his hip.
Due to his advanced COPD and
with hospital acquired pneumonia, the physicians were unable to operate without intubation and he would have been left on a respirator.

Dad's wishes were to let nature take its course.  We were hopeful that he would be
able to heal and return to a hospice situation at Brightview but that was
not to be.  He was taken to a medical hospice in Baltimore to be kept comfortable.  He passed in his sleep on October 30th.

He celebrated his 90th birthday on October 7 with a dinner party at his favorite restaurant with family and extended family.  We had a great time and he enjoyed a glass
of chardonnay with his dinner.

All of your kind words are so appreciated.  He was an exemplary husband and
father.  We were a close, loving family and we knew that we were important
but his job was also very important to him.

He worked hard all his life and
was a great role model for many.

Dad will be inurned in Arlington National cemetery.  He worked on the
arrangements with our son, Collin, who is a graduate of the United States
Air Force Academy, which was a great source of pride to Dad.  There is
always a waiting list at Arlington and we will be informed of the date and
time when the powers that be are able to get to us.  I will forward that
information to you as soon as possible.

We felt compelled to let all of you know that the inurnment of Mr. Frank D.
Derby will be held at Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington County,
Virginia on March 25, 2016 at 3:00PM. We know that a lot of you are not able
to make it and we totally understand, but we certainly felt we should let
you know in case you have a desire to attend.
If you wish to attend and spend the night before or after the ceremony,
there are multiple hotels located in and around the Arlington, VA and
Washington, DC area and can be found online via Google,,,,, etc.

As most of you probably already know, there are a few airports in and around
the Washington, DC area. They are: Dulles International Airport (Dulles, VA
- IAD), Reagan National Airport (Arlington, VA - DCA) and the Baltimore
Washington International Airport (Anne Arundel County, Maryland - BWI).

Please share this with anyone else that you think might be interested.

We ask that in lieu of flowers being sent, that a contribution to The
American Heart Association be made in the name of Frank Dabney Derby."  Dawn
(Derby) Polt & the Polt Family

Download "Frank Derby Obit 2015.pdf"

Lt Col (ret) Paul Begansky

Lt Col (ret) Paul Begansky passed away 16 Feb 2015 at 4:20.

If I see the details regarding the funeral I will let you know.

Paul was a true Services pioneer. Serving in uniform and then as a civilian on the ACC staff. He was always good for some advice and a good story. He will be missed.